Episode 001 of The Tram Rats Podcast. Your hosts fluxdada and Pinkeytoes bring you their latest World of Warcraft adventures, news, and topics from the last week.
In this week's episode we talk about their impressions of the Cataclysm expansion so far, give some background on our character histories in World of Warcraft, tell about some of our dungeon experiences and discuss the "Call to Arms" feature. And now, on with the show!
Embedded Player - Episode 001:
[iTunes] iTunes link.
[RSS] Add The Tram Rats Podcast to your RSS reader or iTunes manually.
[MP3] Download the MP3 directly.
[M3U] [MP3 via M3U] Stream the Episode.
[Archive.org] View this Episode's page on Archive.org.
(Note: If you have any issues with the embedded player (or listening to the podcast in general) please let us know.)
Full show notes after the jump.
Episode 001 Show Notes
- The Tram Rats Podcast: Episode 001 was recorded Friday May 27, 2011.
- fluxdada runs the Power Word: Gold blog dedicated to World of Warcraft gold-making.
- 03:24 Pinkeytoes' impressions of the World of Warcraft Cataclysm expansion so far.
- 04:47 Pinkeytoes remembers a few of theirk characters throughout the various World of Warcraft expansions.
- 08:18 fluxdada gives a brief history of his major characters throughout the expansions.
- 15:37 Our love-hate relationship with leveling together.
- 18:18 Pinkeytoes remembers what it took to do the warlock Dreadsteed quests.
- 21:27 How we learned to do group dungeons with friends in The Burning Crusade.
- 26:36 BREAK - This Father's Day get your Dad what her really wants: The Goblin Barbeque!
- Time For (Dungeon) Fun!!
- 29:13 Pinketoes' experience with her Call to Arms Heroic halls of Origination "guild group" PUG from hell.
- 39:48 Our recent Grim Batol PUG where we have a miscommunication on what a "Regular" dungeon actually is.
- 43:10 Our recent Heroic Dead Mines PUG. (The one where we have a Holy Paladin "tank" and accidentally get people killed on purpose).
- 47:55 That one Heroic Grim Batoll where Pinkeytoes couldn't figure out why she was running out of mana so quickly. (Also Pinkey raves about how good the Decursive addon is.)
- 51:11 fluxdada talks about how Archy + TomTom + Archaeology + LFD = DPS Doh!
- 52:57 We discuss Pinkeytoes' major lag issues with the first boss in Heroic Zul'Gurub.
- 54:13 We reveal our "secret shame": We abandoned a group as soon as we saw it was Heroic Grim Batol.
- 55:16 Pinkeytoes gives her thoughts on what to do when someone criticizes your performance in a random dungeon.
- BREAK - If you like making gold in World of Warcraft check out Power Word: Gold and get the latest gold-making tips, tricks and strategies.
- Toon Time
- 1:00:21 fluxdada's current character roster.
- Rogue (Goblin Level 82) - Engineer/Skinner
- Paladin (Level 84) Miner/Tailor
- Priest (Level 82) Alchemist/Herbalist
- Mage (Level 85) Alchemist/Tailor
- Warlock (Level 82) Alchemist/Inscriptionist
- Druid (Level 85) Alchemist/Herbalist
- Warrior (Level 85) Jewelcrafter/Blacksmith
- Death Knight (Level 85) Skinner/Leatherworker
- Shaman (Level 85) Skinner/Leatherworker
- Hunter (Level 85) Enchanter/Engineer
- 1:04:01 fluxdada talks about being a guild master (use the addon Guild Delta), our current guild and our experiences in past guilds.
- 1:13:50 Pinkeytoes' current character roster:
- Warlock (Level 1) Bank toon
- Hunter (Level 14)
- Druid (Level 70)
- Priest (Level 85) Herbalist/Skinner
- Mage (Level 85)
- Death Knight (Level 80)
- Warlock (Level 82)
- Paladin (Level 60)
- Shaman (Level 85) Miner/Herbalist
- 1:20:33 We discuss the success (or lack thereof) of the "Call to Arms" addition to the "Looking For Dungeon" tool.
- 1:29:27 How the "feel" of tanking and healing has changed from Wrath of the Lich King to Cataclysm.
- What have you been focusing on with your characters lately?
- What is your funniest dungeon PUG fail story?
- Feelings about the success of Call to Arms addition to the Looking for Dungeon system?
MP3 Link for Feed: